Saturday, September 17, 2011

Guardian of the Gate Review


Guardian of the Gate
Author: Michelle Zink
Avaliable: Summer 2010




Synopsis(good reads):
 The ultimate battle between sisters is nearing, and its outcome could have catastrophic consequences. As sixteen year-old Lia Milthorpe searches for a way to end the prophecy, her twin sister Alice hones the skills she'll need to defeat Lia. Alice will stop at nothing to reclaim her sister's role in the prophecy, and that's not the only thing she wants: There's also Lia's boyfriend James.Lia and Alice always knew the Prophecy would turn those closest to them against them. But they didn't know what betrayal could lead them to do. In the end, only one sister will be left standing

My review: I do not usually start my reviews of books by discussing the cover but I must make an exception for this one. I am not to keen on the cover. I feel it does not do the book justice, had I not have already been into this series based on the cover alone I would have never pick it up. SORRY Michelle!!! With that said lets move on to what makes this book different.
I thoroughly enjoyed the amount of information that was given, though it is a slow read you learn so much about the Alice and Lia as well as Lia's friends other wise referred to as the keys to the prophecy. Several new characters are introduced in this book, we meet Dimitri, Lia's new love interest and Lady of Altus, Aunt Abigail. 
Then there is the journey to uncover some lost pages of the prophecy. This is not only a quest to end the centuries long battle but also a journey of self discovery for Lia. With all you read in this book you get a better understanding of the story line. By the time you reach the last page you are more than ready to run out and pick up book three.  A book that contains what this book does deserves a high review rating and that is what I give it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment