Thursday, September 8, 2011

Follow Friday: September 9


Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature and Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! This weeks featured blog is

Drying Ink
 About the blogger.......
I'm a bookworm from the UK (where the rain's so incessant that it's a choice between reading and gibbering insanity...) - I love all things SFF, and though I go in for more traditional fantasies as well, I'm enjoying all of the original or unique things coming out of the genre at the moment. For example, Mark Charan Newton's Legends of the Red Sun series. As for what I'm reading now? I'm rereading Geist by Philippa Ballantine, which is a great fantasy with a touch of steampunk - and refreshingly short as well!
Other than fantasy, I spend my time on a number of other hobbies (excluding insane mumblings over ASoIaF) - pyrography, kayaking, and writing, to name a few. I started blogging because I wanted to talk about my latest finds, and write about cross-genre trends and features that we don't normally see in reviews: for example, my series on surpassing conventions."
This weeks Q:   Have you ever wanted a villain to win at the end of a story? If so, which one?



Answer:  Well that is a hard one to answer. Most of what I read is about mythical beings, I definitely would not want a zombie to win anything. So I guess the true answer would be NO!!!


Make sure to check out my Blogiversary giveaway and my Hades giveaway

Happy Following

7 comments:

  1. No to Zombies. What about hot sex gods? LOL! I think a villain would give a book a whole new spin that some of us would love. I just wouldn't know who I would want to win. Hmm....

    Black Disaster Fairy



    A World of Personality

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat on this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answer! When zombies win, they make more zombies--and that's just rude!

    New follower!

    http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/09/following-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was my answer as well. BUT I made an exception for antiheros :-)
    My FF: Book that Thing!
    Stop by...there's a giveaway going on.
    HAPPY FRIDAY! Am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, no zombies thank you.... yikes.

    New follower. :) My Friday!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeshk, Zombies, no thanks. What about characters who you think are villains but turn out at the last second that they aren't? *ahem fake cough Severus Snape fake cough ahem* LoL. I chose him, thought I'm not sure he counts. I didn't want him to die, in the end.
    *new follower!
    Courtney
    Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't want a zombie to win either. It seems that if zombies were real, though, they probably would win, lol.

    ReplyDelete