Thursday, August 18, 2011

Take My Breath Away Thursday!





Take My Breath Away Thursday is a new meme started by my friends at Page Turners Blog. All you need to do, is post a quote/scene from a book that leaves you breathless. 





My TMBA this week is from Shift by: Jeri Smith-Ready


Zachary stared at me for less than a heartbeat. Then with one long stride, he was in front of me, grasping my shoulders. He pressed his forehead to mine as his words poured out. "Aura, I never wanted anything else. And when I thought we couldn't be together, not without maybe killing ourselves or ruining the world, I tried to lose myself in whatever I thought could make me forget. Schoolwork, soccer, even Becca. But nothing worked." His warm whisper brushed my cheek. " I can't forget you, any more than I can forget my own name." He kissed me then, and the world, which no longer mattered completely fell away.


What takes your breath away?

1 comment:

  1. A lovely Zach moment! I chose a Shift moment! But it wasn't a direct quote as much as it was a description of Aura's feelings.

    http://manytoread.blogspot.com/2011/08/take-my-breath-away-thursday-1.html

    ReplyDelete