Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Gathering Review

                                                                        Title:    The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release: April 12, 2011

Synopsis: Sixteen-year-old Maya is just an ordinary teen in an ordinary town. Sure, she doesn't know much about her background - the only thing she really has to cling to is an odd paw-print birthmark on her hip - but she never really put much thought into who her parents were or how she ended up with her adopted parents in this tiny medical-research community on Vancouver Island


This exciting new series is a spin off from the Darkest powers trilogy. This book is about Maya, a very independent  and strong willed 16 year old high school student who lives in Salmon Creek, a research town. There are no secrets in this town evryone knows everyone elses buisness with the exception of Rafe who is hiding the biggest secret of all. Rafe knows more about Maya than she knows about herself. With the strange occurances and mysterious deaths the kids in town start wondering about how they came to live here. The biggest shock of all is what Maya learns about herself, not only is she part native she is also a skin walker(shape shifter) whose mother participated in an experiment gone wrong years ago and gave Maya up to protect her but kept Maya's twin brother. As the book comes to a close you are left with a cliff hanger that is sure to make you want to know more.
I enjoyed this book. It started off slow for me, the story line seemed to drag on and the point was never in sight, but it picked up and surprised me. I can now say that I can not wait to read book 2.
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I reviewed this not that long ago and I really enjoyed it but I hated the ending, it felt like half a book rather than a complete novel in its own rights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not like the ending either I hate to be left hanging

    ReplyDelete